Home » Q & A » What If I Receive A Failing Grade?

What If I Receive A Failing Grade?

Posted by on November 1, 2011 in Q & A - No comments
What If I Receive A Failing Grade?

If you fail a class you receive what is called a “punitive grade” for that class. A punitive grade is a grade that doesn’t count as earned credit, but is used in determining a student’s progress toward graduation requirements. This means that the grade you receive counts in your overall degree progress, albeit negatively.

Since this grade counts towards your graduation progress you are not required to repay any GI Bill money you received for that class.

You may take the class again in an attempt to receive credit towards graduation or raise your grade for it and you may receive GI Bill payment for the retaking of the class.



About the author

GI Bill Magazine is the premier online publication for U.S. service members, veterans and dependents seeking to further their education. GI Bill Magazine provides resources, information and breaking news that help students make the most of the benefits and opportunities they have earned while serving in the military.

homeAuthor's Website|archiveAuthor Archive

Post Comment